Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Presentation guidelines for Friday

I discussed in some detail what I expect for Friday's presentations, and so have been loathe to re-write those remarks for the blog. But I did want to point to the Southeastern College Art Conference's handy Crimes and Misdemeanors tip sheet for collegial behavior.

We are still looking for a room in Terra in the even that internet access is unavailable, but I strongly suggest that you put your presentation on your computer (not use an online application) or site to present. Our only order of business Friday will be our presentations - we finsihed the round up last week.

There is one thing I want to stress out my comments Friday - that this week's presentation has the possibility of putting you fully 1/2 way to completing your thesis writing. I would encourage you to regard this as a serious chance to make progress toward that goal, either by synthesizing work you've done in previous papers or by breaking new ground you wanted to get to. In either case, it could be useful to indicate (briefly) in your presentation where you have yet to go in your research. My plan is to write each of you a detailed letter on the summer's work and offer suggestions for the fall. It would be good to know what you have in mind as a direction so I don't merely repeat what you already know or send you on a wild goose chase.

I'm sure I'll have an opportunity to say this again, but just in case we get too busy, I want to thank you all for an exciting summer you were each thoughtfully engaged in the seminar despite a grueling studio schedule and rose to the obligation of challenging one another in discussion. The compressed summer scheuld makes it difficult to run a seminar, but I looked forward to our every meeting and enjoyed them greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment