Saturday, July 17, 2010

Newsletter Article

I went to the current show at the Seraphin Gallery, Let's Go Enjoy Nature! and also went today to the talk with the curators.  One of them, Jesse Smith, writes for an online magazine from Drexel called The Smart Set.  He writes about "mediated experiences of nature", which is pretty much how everyone in this country experiences nature these days.  The other curator is Robert Goodman, who has shown at Seraphin Gallery in the past and uses elements of landscape in his work.  I talked with them about the show and also about my work, and invited them to come and visit my studio at some point this summer.

For my essay for the newsletter I would like to write something related to this, either about the show or some sort of interview based piece.

1 comment:

  1. Good...and what the hell is this about artists being curators??? is it no longer enough to paint pictures?

    ReplyDelete