Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Newsletter Proposal

After reading Michael Kimmelman’s essay “The Art of Making Art Without Lifting a Finger” from his book The Accidental Masterpiece, I wrote a personal essay on how my choices, thoughts, and experiences fuel my engagement with storytelling and my desire to reveal narratives within my work. I wrote this my first year here as a smaller part of a research paper for Carol. I would like to propose to use a reworked version of this piece for the newsletter. Although it has already been written, it would require a great deal of reworking and editing to stand on its own enough to meet the standards of your class and of myself.

1 comment:

  1. My immediate response is that I would like to see the essay grounded in the discussion of others' work, as criticism (as we talked about with the McEvilley article) is often the means of working one's ideas out in relation to another's images and objects. We can discuss this further tomorrow...
    g

    ReplyDelete